IN-PERSON WORSHIP SUNDAY MORNINGS
REGISTER FOR A 40-MINUTE SERVICE AT:
8:15, 9:30, & 11 AM IN THE MELROSE CAMPUS SANCTUARY
9 & 10:30 AM IN THE GREENWOOD CAMPUS SANCTUARY
6 PM PATHWAY IN THE MELROSE MAC
Broadway is now reopened for in-person worship and Sunday morning youth activities.
Here is a summary of the most important information
● In-Person Worship reopened February 21st. We offer 40-minute services at 8:15 and 11 am in the Melrose Campus Sanctuary, 9:30 am in the Melrose Campus MAC, and at 9 and 10:30 am in the Greenwood Campus Sanctuary. These shorter services will allow time for thorough cleaning in-between gatherings. If you are interested in serving on the Welcome Team for one of these services, please contact Amy Jarboe at email@example.com or 270-843-3942.
● Youth Rhythm services for junior high and high school students are offered at the Melrose Campus at 9:30 in the Cup of Hope.
● Kids Zone began re-opening for in person on March 7. Kindergarten through 5th grade is currently available and requires registration. We have instituted a slightly staggered start to allow time for the recruitment of volunteers which Kids Zone relies heavily upon. If you are a Kids Zone volunteer and are ready to begin serving, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Online Worship will continue at bumconline.org for an hour-long service at 10 am. We know that there are many among our church family who are not yet able or ready to return to in-person worship in the midst of this pandemic. Please know we affirm you making the best decision for you and your family. We are committed to continuing the same high-quality online worship experience that is designed with you specifically in mind, complete with music, a sermon, communion, and the other special elements that help you engage with your church family.
● Pathway is meeting again on Sunday evenings at 6 pm in the Melrose Campus Ministry and Activity Center. The same safety guidelines will be followed.
In order to create an environment as safe as possible for all in attendance:
- Doors will be opened 20-minutes before worship begins.
- Social distancing will be practiced throughout the campus.
- Masks will be required and will be available at the door if needed.
- Temperature checks will be conducted when entering the facility.
- Ushers will seat attendees to ensure proper distancing.
- Coffee and snacks will not be served.
- Offering will be received in baskets as you exit the building.
- All doors will be propped open.
- Hand-sanitizer will be readily available.
Seating will be limited to 60% capacity in each sanctuary (per Kentucky Healthy at Work and Kentucky Annual Conference of United Methodist Churches guidelines).
We anticipate a gradual resumption of pre-pandemic activities, but this will take time and be dependent on transmission rates and the number of our members and staff who are vaccinated. We ask that you please worship online if you are feeling sick or if you have been exposed to someone with coronavirus. We encourage those who are at higher risk for severe illness per the CDC who have not yet received the vaccine to please continue to worship online at this time.
To find out when you’ll be eligible for a vaccination and to sign up for notifications, you can take the Kentucky Department for Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Survey: https://govstatus.egov.com/kentucky-vaccine-survey.
Thank you so very much for your patience, understanding, and participation in Broadway’s mission as we do church in new and innovative ways! Please be on the lookout for more information in the days ahead. Whether it is online or in-person, we look forward to welcoming you home to Broadway for worship on February 21!
Do you have any questions on our reopening?
Kids Zone has begun to phase in programming with K-5th graders. This slightly staggered start allows us for the recruitment of volunteers which Kids Zone relies heavily upon. Families are welcome to bring coloring or other quiet activities for their children to engage with during worship.
Junior high & high school students will have Rhythm at the Melrose Campus at 9:30 in the Cup of Hope, following the same safety guidelines as above.
Parents of youth are asked to park on the MAC/Atrium/Cup of Hope side of the Sanctuary Welcome Center (rather than parking in the lots located off of Melrose Street by the Front Entrance/Office).
Students are to be checked-in and have their temperature taken with their families at the Welcome Center entrance.
As parents are being ushered to their seats in the Sanctuary, students will be ushered with them to the front of the room.
A Student Ministry volunteer will greet students at the hallway door and direct them to the Cup of Hope.
Following the service, students will be released outside through the exit located by the Cup of Hope.
Pathway has begun meeting again on Sunday evenings at 6 pm in the Cup of Hope. The same safety guidelines outlined above will be followed.